Building the Right Habits
4 Ways to Motivate Yourself
- Incentives & Rewards: This is pretty obvious. People driven by rewards or incentives are willing to take action when they know they will have something tangible at the end. Creating “S.M.A.R.T.” goals will help us reach our goals:
- make sure they are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timeable.
- Fear: Ask yourself, “Why do you want to make this change? What would it mean to you and others in your life if you made these changes?” The other question you need to ask yourself is, “Who you are making these changes for?” Your motivation must be significant to you. You’re always going to choose feeling good over feeling uncomfortable, so be honest with yourself.
- Growth: If you want to grow as an individual in the new year, you have to make this a priority and take initiative. An easy way to make sure you stay on track is to have an accountability partner who will you keep you in check. This is where KEEN comes in! We are here to keep that booty in check ✅
- Support: We all need encouragement and support throughout our journey of change. You don’t have to do this alone. Plus, it’s no fun that way. Whether, it’s KEEN or another fitness group, find what you like to do and stick with it! 💪🏼
So what do you do? Put one foot in front of the other for a start.
You need to lose weight and get healthy? Go to the gym, preferably KEEN, so you can get all 4 of the motivational steps above in one place!
So remember, you have to give yourself tools and methods to execute your resolution. Like, ‘You need to think positively?’ Well, try giving yourself a mirror mantra every day. ‘You need to quit smoking?’ Ok, go buy yourself some nicotine gum. Change starts in small ways.
Knowing what you value is a big part of motivation.